Sorry for Google Base team, but I'm pretty sure that Google Base will never lift up. As I mention in that post, the site lack of thoses elements:
- If the upcoming Google Base will allow in a near future the possibility of GUI (graphic template to be add to dataset)
- If the data is well integrated in the SERP's (search engine results page)
- If they avoid major bugs in deployment
- If they can avoid spammers (were the Captcha ?)
- If it include a payment system (Google Purchases or Google Wallet)
- If it have a well developed Google Base API
Also this week, Google have put a final nail in point number 2, by blocking Google Base in his main index using a Disallow: /base in his Robots.txt !!!
Why dissallowing Google Base to main SERP's ? If I make a query to find a bike nearby for my girlfriend, I will use Google first... And found a Craigslist entry in first spot!
Technorati Tags: google base, Craigslist, Google Base Disallow